Board game development is incredibly complex. To create a board game from start to finish, think of everything you have to do:
- Come up with a board game idea and design a game around it.
- Create rules and mechanics that help you express your idea in the best way possible.
- Play-test the game until it feels right.
- Find artists.
- Create digital print files of your game.
- Figure out manufacturing and fulfillment.
- Figure out marketing and promotion.
Needless to say, this is extraordinarily complicated. I’ve covered this topic from different angles for the last three years and I’m amazed even still by my blind spots.
With that in mind, this blog exists to serve you. I want to create information that is necessary and useful for every struggling board game creator who happens to stumble across this blog.
I have just one question for you today, and I’d like for you to answer in this post’s comments. I’ll use your questions as inspiration for posts coming in April, May, and beyond!