Hey there! It’s Brandon – I’m glad you’re enjoying the blog, and I’d be happy to point you to more resources that can help you build the board game of your dreams.
As you may have noticed, I don’t update this blog anymore. When I started making games in 2016, I created this blog to catalog the whole process from start to finish. My big goal was to help smooth the learning curve for anyone who wanted to make their own games.
Because of my writing on this blog, I was hired for some marketing work for Fulfillrite, a company which ships a lot of board game Kickstarter campaigns. Then I started Pangea Marketing Agency. I’ve been running the agency full-time since April 2021.
The only downside? I’m busy doing that instead of making games and writing about games!
So with that in mind, here are a handful of really good websites that you can refer to for more help on your journey. This is up-to-date as of May 23, 2023.
- Stonemaier Games: Run by Jamey Stegmaier, who was one of the first board game creators to start compiling thorough board game design and crowdfunding advice.
- Board Game Design Lab: Run by Gabe Barrett, who has arguably created the most complete resource guide for aspiring game designers online.
- Board Game Design Course: Run by Joe Slack. If you like my blog’s approach to teaching design – starting small and helping you create your very first game – you’ll probably like Joe’s blog too.
- Board Games Maker, The Game Crafter, Make Playing Cards: All are print-on-demand manufacturers that are awesome for creating prototypes.
- Panda Game Manufacturing and Longpack: Both are reputable offset manufacturers for bulk runs of board games.
Good luck on your board game design journey! I hope these additional resources help.
And if you run across more resources, could you email me at email@example.com? I will update this page as new recommendations come in, and you can be sure that your contribution will help more designers achieve their goals!